22nd May 2018
Junior Networking and AV Engineer
Consider it Done has built an impressively strong reputation over the past 14+ years as a ‘high-touch’ lifestyle management service, managing a wide range of projects for their discerning clients.
We specialise in Home and Commercial Wi-Fi and AV solutions and deliver our service in a geek-speak-free, customer friendly and professional way. Our commitment to the delivery of excellent and easy to use solutions for our clients’ homes is at the heart of our reputation.
The demand for our service is growing and there is an exciting new opportunity to join the Tech Team at CiD as a full time Junior Networking and AV specialist. We are looking for someone who has 2+ years’ experience with Residential and Commercial Tech, including Networks, IP addressing, Routing, and Fibre connectivity.
Part office based, part in the field, activities (and hours of work) will vary with the demands of the business.
The successful candidate will:
- split their time between our Chiswick office, and ‘on site’ locations at many private properties around London, and further out of London
- be able to co-ordinate multiple Residential and Commercial Tech projects, and oversee service providers and contractors delivering complex Tech solutions in parallel
- have the confidence and gravitas to represent CiD with VIP and senior executive clients, and have resilience to overcome obstacles
- have a strong commercial acumen and the desire to drive growth within the business
- have a laser-focused ‘can do’ attitude and work ethic, willing to go the extra mile to anticipate and deliver, also working closely alongside other members of the team
- have outstanding attention to detail and a desire to deliver quality
- willing to take part in regular assessments in order that as a team, we deliver the best results to our clients
- have the opportunity to develop skills through CEDIA and manufacturer training as well as learning on the job and under the guidance of the wider CiD team
- live within 20-30 miles of West London and be willing to travel to ‘on site’ locations as required
Activities will include (but are not limited to):
- carrying out technical surveys of residential (and occasionally commercial) properties
- writing up detailed reports with analysis and photos to explain findings
- creating proposals with solutions and recommendations for new systems, tech upgrades and improvements
- researching and sourcing high end Tech and AV products at best available prices
- setting up distributor accounts and establishing trade relationships
- seeking approvals and making purchases
- dealing with service providers and co-ordination of contractors
- managing deliveries of AV and IT stock and in-house inventory
- supporting, troubleshooting with, advising and reporting to clients
- responsibly handling private data with discretion and care
- carrying out installations on site from set up of Wi-Fi networks and home office PCs and printers, to home cinemas, TVs, wired or wireless speakers, IT/AV racks, and networking solutions
We are looking for someone:
- mature in outlook, experienced, professional and upbeat
- with a min of 2+ years’ professional experience in a related industry or field
- with a keen interest in and good all-round knowledge of AV systems and future developments upstream
- with knowledge of: 802.11 standards, Wired & Wireless Networks including controller based systems and their set up along with troubleshooting and fixing Must be able to use software/hardware tools to analyse, map and record networks. Structured cabling, planning installing and testing. Past and present Windows and MAC operating systems
- with meticulous attention to detail and used to being accountable for time and activity
- great customer facing skills, customer service orientated, with superlative communication skills – written and verbal
- a full driving licence and access to or own vehicle
Salary and benefits:
- basic starting gross salary: £25-30K p.a. according to experience
- performance bonus (after probation period is complete)
- permanent contract
- company provided mobile phone
- travel / mileage/ subsistence expenses while working away from the office
- up to 5 days offsite training / paid courses per calendar year – by approval
- statutory holiday (28 days plus public holidays), plus option to take unpaid business days between 25th December and 1st day of business in January ( ie without using holiday allowance)
- pension with max employer contribution
- staff discounts with a wide range of business partners for personal use – by approval
- 6 month probation
- usual hours range between 8am and 6pm Mon to Fri – some flexibility including occasional weekend working may be required and determined by the needs of the business
We believe that by welcoming a new member of the Tech & AV team, we can offer an ever increasing number of innovative solutions. What makes us different: experience; intelligence; big heartedness – come and join us and be part of shaping our clients’ future.
If this is an assignment you would enjoy and add value to, we would like to hear from you.
To apply please email your CV to:
All applications by or before 8th June 18 please.
Enquiries by email only please.